Top Sales Training Programs in 2020 (And Why You Need Coaching)February 25, 2020 | By Wayne O'Neill
If you’re looking for the top sales training programs in 2020, you likely fall into one of two categories. You’re either a business development professional who needs to convert more prospects into revenue for your company, or you’re an owner who needs to create scopes of work to keep growing your company.
While there are plenty of great options for sales training programs, we also encourage professionals who care about sales to consider the importance of business development coaching.
There is a significant difference between training on how to convert sales and receiving coaching to increase profitable and sustainable revenue.
- Sales mindset: transactional, co-dependent, and a race to the lowest bid.
- Coaching mindset: relational, emotionally-connected, and competing on impact and value.
My aim is to provide you with information on sales training programs that are available to you, while also presenting why business development coaching is the ideal next step in the growth of your business.
Our Recommended Sales Training Programs
We recommend the following sales training programs for business development this year.
1. Dale Carnegie Professionals Sales Skills Training Program. Training Program description: “High-performing salespeople build relationships that lead to sales. Through Dale Carnegie’s sales training courses, you’ll learn to generate more leads, resulting in increased sales performance.”
2. RAIN Group Sales Training Program. Training Program description: “Training is not our focus. Behavior change is. Our complete learning system includes assessment, program customization, and robust reinforcement to ensure that learning happens over time to drive behavior change and top performance.”
3. Richardson Connected Selling. Training Program description: “Richardson has identified and outlined the critical selling skills and behaviors most needed to improve sales performance and reduce the duration of the sales cycle. The Richardson Connected Selling Curriculum is a deep, broad, and effective solution that helps your sales team learn and apply those critical behaviors in the field.”
4. Janek Performance Group Sales Training. Training Program description: “A leading provider of deeply customizable sales training solutions that are designed to drive revenue, top sales performance, and ROI for our clients. Holistic training programs result in long-lasting behavior changes and measurable results.”
5. Absorb LMS Online Sales Training. Training Program description: “Online sales training software that educates and equips your sales team with the information they want and need to close deals. In today’s highly competitive economy, it’s more important than ever that your team understands not only what they sell but how and to whom they sell it.”
Why Business Development Coaching For Business Growth
Many of the top sales training programs available on the market are focused on the right things: building relationships, understanding the needs of prospects and clients, and being emotionally connected to your targets.
There is still a transactional nature to sales training, however. The “doing deals” thinking that is ingrained in our thought process and behavior limits the success of even the best business development professional or business owner.
I have spent my career helping businesses grow through business development coaching. At RESET, our proven methodology, The Connection Process, helps businesses grow in a faster, more collaborative, and intelligent way.
The methodology is centered on showing business leaders how to systematically gather intelligence and leverage its value to build flywheels for long-term, sustainable growth.
The most important aspect is coaching business leaders to understand how to consciously create authentic connections.
This approach requires flexible thinking, practice, and a commitment to continuous improvement. It’s about understanding how to find the problem behind the problem facing your prospects and clients, building and maintaining multiple levels of connection in a target organization, and being emotionally connected to the diverse challenges your clients are facing.
Empathy goes beyond transactional thinking to caring about your clients’ challenges in a way that leads to engagement. Through engagement, you can craft and facilitate real solutions that address real challenges.
Next Steps After Considering Sales Training Programs
While sales training is effective for understanding techniques and approaches to start and maintain conversations, business coaching is the ideal method to achieve sustainable business growth.
If you’re tired of trying to compete on price and continually sacrificing profit to close more deals, consider embracing an intelligent approach that will help you compete on impact and value (not price).
– Find out more about how to authentically connect with your clients, understand how to provide impact and value, and leverage deeper connections by contacting RESET to discuss business coaching.
– We also recommend that in addition to considering sales training programs in 2020, you read our book, “RESET: What I Want You To Buy Is … Stop Selling.”